home Back to Contents | Previous page


Švamberk Besides the castle, other places are worth seeing, too. Below you can see some of them.
Kupka Square with Marian Pillar
You can view constructions and buildings ranging from
medieval walls
walls stone bridges and pavement
Stone bridge Podkostelí through 18-th century cottages
17th century Na Štefance to 19-th century houses
Gardner´´s house Yvonne or Old vicarage school
renaissance burghers' houses
17th century renaissance and renewed baroque buildings
18th century classic baroque 19th century or classicist fronts
Štefanka Sokolský dům to most recent blocks of flats.
20th century 21st century

Winter views

These places are beautiful not only in the summer tourist season, but have their charm during winter period as well.
Main square in winter Baroque No.141 (1740) Main square in winter Baroque No.141 (1740) schools (art-nouveau 1906) Renaissance Ball-game hall (1602) Podkostelí Stone bridge Stone bridge Podkostelí 2 18 century cottage in winter Charouzova View east Old vicarage in winter Na Štefance Castle villa in winter Castle villa in winter Castle villa in winter Castle villa in winter Belfry on a winter night A bridge in the garden A waterfall in the garden Castle - panorama in winter
Trabant in winter :-)
Click to see more Panoramatic images of Opočno Click to see more

sun dial St. Jan Nepomucký 1866 memorial St. Maria statue Images of Opočno statues more Opočno statues

Comparison of old and new views on same locations

Flooded swiming pool. Click to see more 1998 flood views.

cemetery cemetery entrance

The town cemetery

cemetery cemetery

Religion monuments

Holy Trinity Church

Holy Trinity Church in winter Holy Trinity Church Trčkovo náměstí
Three nave church built on the basements of St. Andrew Chapel from 15th century.
Rebuilt in renaissance style about 1567 by Vilém Trčka z Lípy and about 1716 by G. B. Alliprandi.
Paintings of Sts. Václav, Ludmila and Jan z Nepomuku.
In the right tower bells Kliment and Václav.
Grave-stones from 16th century.
Holy Trinity Church Holy Trinity Church

Virgin Maria Church

Virgin Maria Church photo Kodymova street
First mentioned in 1348, 1393 burnt out, in 1425 destroyed by Sirotek (Hussite) army.
Replaced by a log construction (mentioned 1598).
Re-erected in the first half of 17th century.
In 1810 reconstructed by Rudolph Colloredo-Mansfeld, with tomb of Colloredo-Mansfeld family under the building.
Further reconstructions in 1882-84, pictures on glass windows.
Marian Church in winter photo
organ vitraj Belfry behind Virgin Maria Church
Virgin Maria Church - back side 1972 bought by the town to be used as threnodial room.
1985 reconstruction broken unfinished.
1990 the Greek-catholic parish does not insist on retrocession of this estate
Decision to rebuilt to a concert hall, finished in 1995, opened on September 29.
In 2000 installed restored organ, inauguration on October 28, 2000.
In 2006 installed new larger organ in the apsida, inauguration on June 16, 2006.

Marian church interior organ 2007 organ 2007 organ 2006



Near-by stands a baroque belfry from 1594 (Italian architect Simon de Paret) with two bells - smaller (650 kg) "Sv. Ondřej (St. Andrew)" cast in 1510, and heavier (1100 kg) "Sv. Václav (St. Wenceslas)" from 1545.
belfry in winter

Christ's Birth Church Christ's Birth Church from west Christ's Birth Church in winter Christ's Birth Church

Attached to the Capuchin Monastery, Kupkovo náměstí
Founded by Ludwig Colloredo from Waldsee in 1673. Constructed in early baroque style between 1676-1678 by Italian architect Bernard Mineli
In the nearby ambulatory there are 14 images of Stations of the Cross painted by J. V. Bergel (Vienna) about 1760.

Marian Pillar Marian Pillar S.Rochus S.Carolus pillar Marian (Black Death) pillar

Dominates the main (Kupkovo) square. Created in 1718 by an Italian sculptor Giovanni Baptista Bulla. Staues: Virgin Maria Immaculata, St. Roch, St. Sebastian, St. Karel Boromean, St. Francis of Xavier.
Latin inscription: Venerationi Deiparae sine luem arcensis in hacce Statua perennis gratitudinis tesseram posuit Hieronymus in Colloredo, Comes atque Dynastiae hujatis toparcha. (i.e. I pay homage to the Immaculate Mother of God, defender from the plague, this statue sponsored by Jeronym of Colloredo, Earl and this demesne's Lord.)

Jan Nepomucký baroque statue (1709)
Other views of Opočno and more info in Czech

home Back to Contents | Next page
Hits since 2.XI.2005: